Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lost and found

My message from the Universe today is this:

Nothing is ever lost. Not time; for what seems to have passed, lives on in the wisdom of future decisions. Not money; for what seems to have been spent, was only invested. And not love; for what seems to have vanished, has only moved so close you must look within your heart to see it.

Here and now whether or not it's obvious, you are the best you've ever been.

So proud,
The Universe


It's funny sometimes we get so caught up in our own lives, our own wants and needs that we forget that there is always another side to the coin...nothing is permanent. Some times we can be so close to something we can't see it....can't see the nose on our face. We need outside connections to bring it to life.

Nothing is ever lost - not jobs, friends, lovers....lives. There is always time to do something else.

Last night I had a long conversation with some friends and it's interesting how parallel our lives are. It's a wonderful thing when you meet people who get you without added drama or work. Just people connecting and filling a need in each other that the Universe has decided is time to be filled.

There is so much we can learn from others if we just listen and let them in. I've been on this mission to find my purpose (Steve Martin immediately jumps into my mind!) and my path that I've forgotten I don't have to be on this path alone and I don't have to even worry about being on a path. Life happens. People come and go and yet I still move forward....or diagonal. We have so many choices everyday to make our lives go in different directions and I forget each day each activity is a movement in some new direction. I think that's key...to keep moving. As long as you are moving you have the potential to find something. Life is a journey.

Can a person really give up? Can they just throw in the towel and go through the motions of everyday with no thought outside themselves? Sure...but what's the value? I have really been struggling trying to be on some path that I think doesn't even exist but I feel like it has to and I just don't have the map to get there but now I am starting to think many of us are on this hunt and it's going to be OK. I think though that I don't need to GET anywhere, I don't need to be anything more that I am for right now. Wow...imagine that.

Isn't it funny what a night out listening to others can do to make your brain shift gears?


No comments: