Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

Remember when you were a kid and didn't feel good your mom would make you chicken noodle soup and all your cares would melt away as you sipped that chickeny goodness? I'd like a big old pot right about now.

I discovered Hayhouse Radio on line today and there are lots of audio programs you can listen to and I'm digging this one from Dr. Wayne Dyer....change your thoughts, change your life. He's going on an on about how our thoughts cause us to act upon what we think about. If we think we are unhappy, we are going to stay unhappy. He challenges us to think about our thoughts. This isn't news...but it's kind of nice to put on headphones and tune out all the office chatter that happens. I am really enjoying tuning into my own self during the work day.

He is talking about habits....and not just our caffeine habits or not exercising habits but our thinking habits. That things we think are difficult end up being difficult because we tell ourselves that. I can relate to that. I had immense panic during my 2 math classes. I remember telling myself...it's not going to be that bad....you can do this. It took a lot of work and time and work to get through those classes...but I did it...I got B's in both classes. I challenged myself and I was able to do it but honestly, it was exhausting! I was so physically and mentally exhausted by the end of those 12 weeks that I don't know how people can do that all the time. Maybe it gets easier the more you push yourself to do that. I don't know if I can keep on doing that.

One thing he talked about for a long time is some book called The Dao (spelling?) he talks about how powerful that book is. He believes that books have energy. They can strengthen or weaken you just by having them. He believes that just by carrying this book The Dao around, you can absorb the energy it has. I kinda get that. I think that's what my friend Troy gets from books.... energy. He's the one friend I have that seems to devour books...he must get some sort of energy from not only reading them but from owning them. Books have energy.

One other thing he talked about is how owning things bogged down his life. He talks about how he left his whole old life behind...he left his home, his family, his life and he just sort of walked away and started over. I often think of doing that but I don't think the average joe can do that...I think if I had money I could....I could walk away from everything if I could afford to...is that just a negative thought or is that reality? Thoughts become things...choose the good ones.

Bring on the chicken noodle soup.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Tao........I have a copy if you want to look at it..and I make the best chicken noodle soup-and I have wayne dyers books-all for the asking...