Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A fine line

Fate or Coincidence? Which came first? Do things happen because of fate or coincidence?

Fate is synonymous with destiny. It is more often used in reference to topics based more on spirituality and religion. Coincidence offers a non-religious, explanation that is readily accepted by those that oppose any form of God's hand in decisions. Its premise is found on the law of chance. Those that believe in coincidence usually believe in luck. I believe in luck. I also believe in destiny. Does one get to triumph the other?

I've been told before that I am lucky. I don't feel lucky...I don't even really get that someone can be lucky but I guess I've had my fair share of good things happen but is that luck? I sometimes think of my life in terms of what I've done before...that my results are direct reactions to something I've done in my past...karma coming to bite me in the ass or to reward me as the situation dictates. Can one choose to be lucky?

I sometimes feel like my life is destined to be a certain way and then something happens that changes that for me...some event or situation and all of a sudden there is a different outcome that I never saw coming....life is funny.

I've been super sleepy during the daytime and wide awake at night lately. Like yesterday, I could have closed my eyes at about 2 o'clock and been sound asleep in two minutes - at work, in a meeting while presenting....seriously....so tired. Then I got home, ran errands (actually did some Christmas shopping!!) came home, avoided homework until about 9:30 then was up until about 11pm (my usual bed time) and then I laid in bed for probably an hour....wide awake. What the heck? Now today, I was all perky and wide awake but about 15 minutes ago I hit the wall.....I am freezing and sleepy....what is happening? Getting old sucks.

Is it my destiny to be this person? Am I on a path that can't be changed? Do I get a choice in how the rest of my life turns out our is it predetermined already? What if these are the good years. Man....I need to find a palm reader!!

No comments: