Saturday, November 29, 2008

Boring is ok

I guess I don't mind being boring as much as I hate being predictable! I had an enjoyable day. Had a late breakfast with a friend, ran errands and then came back home and ended up being really productive.

Wrapped presents, cleaned closets, did laundry, made my Christmas cards and managed to avoid doing homework ALL day. Now I am getting ready to go head out to a friends to hang for the night. Boring is OK I guess.

I was seeing lots of frazzled people today and it made me thankful for my non frazzled life. I enjoy that I have control of my time. I can't imagine having to care for someone else all day long and then trying to squeeze time if for myself at the end of the day. It exhausts me to even think about that. I give those people credit though...regardless if they chose that life or not.

I wonder who I'd be if I choose a different path. I'm where I'm at in my life because I chose this path...what if I did one thing different, what if I took a different job and end up working all the time would I be in school? If I wasn't in school I wouldn't have met the great people I met and learned the things I learned nor made the good friends I have at my current job. Isn't it funny how doing one little thing can have such a snowball effect on one's whole life. What if?

What if my parents loved each other and raised their kids thinking they could do whatever they wanted? What if we grew up feeling confident and secure in who we are....would we still be who we are today?

Who will we choose to be next year? Do we get to choose?

No comments: