Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Steering

Life is like a car.....(sounds Forest Gump like doesn't it) - it's all about how you are steering. Sometimes you have both hands planted firmly on the wheel and you are barrelling down life's highway and sometimes, you are in the passenger seat staring out the window watching the world go by. You have to grab hold of that wheel and steer.

Do we really get to be the drivers of our own life or does fate, circumstances, the economy, life become the driver and we simply sit back and try to enjoy the ride?

Today's message from the Universe reads:

Always when you just don't know what you want, want happiness, and when you just don't know what to do, do anything. You can start today -
The Universe


Man, that Universe is one smart dude huh. Just want happiness....sounds so easy. My friend says I have to quit fighting it...to give into the life I have....is that true? Will that make me happy? It's not like my life is bad, that's not it...it's just missing something....like I keep hitting all these potholes (notice the car/road reference all through this...nice huh!) in my road of life and I got some axel damage I can't seem to fix. I want to be driving on my road but apparently I do need a GPS for my life. That's a good title for a book...GPS for Life.

Do anything. Hmm, something to think about. I had a thought today as I drove into work, I remember this summer when I was at my friends cabin and I found that "thinking place" out on the water. I remember how the quiet and the stillness allowed me to actually think....I need a retreat place...a place to go to that is away from the world, my world and just be. Now I guess I'd like a fireplace and big windows to watch the snow fall.....doesn't that sound delightful!

I love Facebook, it's a fun way to connect with lots of people with little commitment. Little snippets of people's life in minutes. I love it...I wish more people used it. I connected with an old co-worker from a previous company recently who I haven't seen or talked to in about 3 1/2 years. All of a sudden she is married (she wasn't even seeing anyone when I knew her), bought a house and just had a baby. All in a short period of time. How does that happen? How does one life move so fast in some direction and others seem to be in the same place they were 3 1/2 years ago....just with better shoes?

Who is steering my car?

No comments: