Friday, November 28, 2008

Consumption

Ahh...turkey day and black Friday...all about consumption. We consume then turn into comsumers and spend. Who says it's a depressed economy! I've heard lots of people today talking about how stuffed they still are from yesterday's meal and then talking about all the left overs. I think we are doing fine.

I like the fact that we are almost into December....so close to the end of this year and so close to starting a new year. Hopefully the new president will fix this mess of the economy we are in and the war...let's not forget the war.

I've rather enjoyed my last few days off of work and spending some time with just my own thoughts. It was nice to have the time to think....I forget how exhausting that is though. I slept in two days in a row and am planning on doing the same again tomorrow. I have been exhausted by 9/10pm the past few nights and was actually in bed by about 10 last night. I woke up at 7 and laid in bed until about 8:30....it was glorious. Plus I didn't even get dressed until about 3:30 today and only because I had to work at 4. Glorious. I forget the joy of not getting dressed.

I did have a very productive day however, cleaned, tossed a bunch of crap and organized my Christmas stuff...I beleive I am done shopping now. I have decided to not buy all the extra crap I do every year and just enjoy the holidays. I have the essentials done, wrapped and ready to go and so I feel ready.

Not much to say today, just thankful for my health, my friends, family and my jobs. Keep on keeping on Universe.

No comments: