Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ho Ho Ho this year has to go

It's been an interesting year. They always are. Started out the year with hope for a lot of great things planned for myself and as usual, life got in the way. It hasn't really been a bad year, but I am really ready for it to be done. Bring on 2009.

I find I really struggle when too many things go awry at once in my life. I can handle change, I can handle dissappointment - fine, whatever...bring it on but when all aspects of my life at once are experiencing downward turns it gets a little overwhelming and I tend to want to burrow in and hide from the world. I need to be away from all outside forces and let the dust settle until things calm down again...it's not the right thing to do I'm sure but that's what I need to do. At least that's what I've really discovered about myself. People who know me well know how much I like to do things, I hate being alone - maybe hate isn't the right word, I don't enjoy it. I usually have stuff going on all the time but lately I've found that if I hide away from the world I am able to think and sort things out. It's hard to get others to understand that I need to do this. It's not personal, it's just what I need to do.

It's too bad this is all happening at this time of the year, it's usually my favorite time of the year. October through December is usually my peak time. This year however, it's really taken me by surprise how unmotivated I am to participate in the holidays. Ugh. I need these next few weeks to be done so I can move onto the new year with a fresh plate and hopefully a fresh perspective.

This too shall pass, it always does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should go to a spa -- or at least put a gift card to a spa on your christmas list.

Schnoodler said...

We all need a little time and space now and then. Don't feel guilty about needing some for yourself.