Friday, November 14, 2008

Complicated - who me?

My boss and I were chatting this morning and sort of sharing our life's woe's.....he about his kids sports involvement which in turn means a huge financial output as well as time and me of my latest school "issue". I fear I may NEVER graduate!!! Anyway, my boss said to me...."you are one complicated person". I laughed but then I started thinking about it....am I really a complicated person?

Maybe sometimes I can be "high maintenance" and maybe even a bit of a diva but overall I think I'm worth the work....but complicated - I don't see it. He then said "you must have lots of internal conversations". Actually I sort of have them out loud, at my desk, all day long. I don't know that there is much about me that is quiet...or internal. I guess it's not all bad.....it just always surprises me when people call me out on my oddities.....I always think that no one knows the trouble I've seen. My comment back to him was "hey....it's not easy being me". We both laughed, it's true its NOT!

Today's quote may be one I used before but it fits:
Let the world know you as you are
not as you think you should be
because sooner or later, if you are posing
you will forget the pose.

Live out loud.

3 comments:

mindy said...

Do you ever think people assume your life is less complicated then theirs because you are single-as if that somehow excuses you from having all the burdens the rest of us do. Every life is complicated-and if you are a thinker and asker of questions that doesn't make you complicated it makes yo9u curious and not willing to settle for what eveyone else seems to settle for.

Marna said...

You are not complicated -- complex maybe, but not complicated. Complicated has a negative connotation and you are not that! Think good thoughts, girlfriend, you are one of a kind!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Marna -- you are not complicated. We love you just the way you are and wouldn't want you any other way! And seriously -- he said you're complicated? Pot, meet kettle....