Sunday, November 16, 2008

Who are you today?

Isn't is kind of amazing that we can choose who we want to be each and every day. I remember when I did stand up comedy, the one thing I really liked about it was I got to choose who I was going to be on stage each time. I could be who ever I wanted, it was fun and it was a great outlet.

One of my favorite quotes is who are you when no one else is around.....I also like the quote that says I want to be the type of person my dog thinks I am. Who are we really?

Many people say they work for a paycheck, but when you dig a little deeper, you'll often hear more personal reasons for waking up and heading to work. Lately I've been thinking a lot about my purpose. What is my personal motivation and what do I really need and want from my job?

Just as organizations use mission statements to guide their actions, we personally should have a personal purpose statement. What "fuels" us? I was talking to a new friend, he's 25 and was talking about his life path.....it got me to thinking. I thought about things I haven't thought about in a long long time. Like what did I think I was going to be when I grew up? What did I want out of life? If I die tomorrow what do I want to be remembered for? What is my legacy?


"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end in life."

No comments: