Monday, November 17, 2008

Sometimes a dream is just a dream

I've really been active on the dream front lately. One would say it's because I keep such a busy life that I don't allow my own thoughts to penetrate my psyche so it has to wait until I am asleep to sink in and make me think...I say there is just too much going on around me to process it all until I sink into sleep.

Anyway, dreams are your body's way of catching you up on what you are blocking or missing on a daily basis. Last night I dreamed I was at a garage sale in this huge tent and the only thing for sale were pictures. All kinds....framed, snapshots, moving pictures (like in the Harry Potter movies) and I was looking at all the pictures but a few of my friends were standing back at the table you pay at and talking about which pictures I was going to like....almost like they were betting on it. It's weird because it was a mix of my friends, friends from my life, school, work and from ET - weird mix.

Then my friend Val came up to me and said don't you want this picture? It was a 3-d picture and I said I needed to see it hanging up on a wall to decide. Then my friend Eric came up and opened a door in the tent wall and we were in his house and hung the picture up and we stood and looked at it. He decided that he liked it and wouldn't give it to me. I was arguing with him and he just kept laughing at me saying no...it was his now. I was getting so angry because of course now I WANTED the picture. Then another person came and told me I had to leave. It was so bizarre!!! Hmm....were we really arguing over a picture? Wonder what it really means.

I looked up a sale and here it what it says: Dreaming of a yard or garage sale indicates your inner ability to recycle skills on a continuous basis towards new challenges in your life.Remember all humans have an incredible ability to adapt to new environments and you are no different.

Interesting. Is it telling me that no matter what I am going to be OK? That no matter what happens with work or my life that I will continue to thrive and adjust and continue? Very thought provoking. We have the ability to adapt to our new environments but that doesn't mean we thrive in them. How do we adjust and thrive in a constantly changing environment?

No comments: