Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Be careful what you wish for

If you had a magic wand would you really use it? Would you wave it and solve all of your problems? Cure all the illness? Give yourself your every desire or would you keep on doing what you are doing? Sometimes I think how freaking fantastic it would be if you could just wave a magic wand and poof life was awesome...but would it really be? Isn't part of who we are and what we have become or evolved into because of what we go through on a day to day basis? Do we really want to wish that away? Is it really worth it to change who we have become by getting rid of all that we go through? I wonder....

Lately it feels like we are surrounded by bad news on every level. People are sick, loved ones die, relationships end, jobs are lost, income is limited and yet we somehow seem to keep plugging away at our own lives. Slowly chipping away at each day as it crumbles and dissolves into the next day. Sometimes I feel like a good cup of coffee and warm pancakes can solve all the worlds problems.

If you could wish for something would it be for yourself or for someone else? If there was a magic lantern that you held in your hand right now would you share your wishes? I'd like to think I'd be all benevolent and wish for world peace or to end the war or this economic hardship or to give my friends and family all they need, but honestly....I'd probably wish for a vacation on the beach some place and a spa day...and if I could get pancakes while doing all that, all the better.

Does a wish have power? I've asked that before but if you put it out there in the Universe does it somehow gain momentum or steam and come to be? I remember a few years ago when I went to visit my friend in Las Vegas and we drove to Beverly Hills and I ended up getting on The Price is Right, I was talking to my friend and I said "I can't believe I actually got chosen!" He responded..."of course you did...you said you would and you always do what you say you are going to do." That's not true exactly...I say a lot of things but I get what he meant...if you put it out there and you believe it, I think it does give it power and I think the Universe has to comply. It has to do what you believe it will do. If you think it enough, does it actually happen?

The power of positive thinking...it's just as powerful as the power of negative thinking...both have power but I would much rather be positive. My boss told me recently I have the power to effect people...I am an "informal" leader. I asked him to explain and he said I can effect people either positively or negatively depending on how I feel. I was surprised by this comment...I mean I realize I do have a strong personality, I just actually thought I was stubborn but whatever, I was still surprised and kind of thrilled.

I guess I would much rather choose positive over negative, I don't want to be remembered as an Eeyore type of a person. I want people to think good things...positive things even funny things about me. As I thought about this even more I thought about Eeyore and I think it's funny that we compare ourselves to cartoon characters. I am pretty sure whoever created cartoon characters has based them on people in their own lives. Eeyore is a dismally gloomy little fella and he does not expect too much of himself and therefore remains quiet for most of the time. I wonder if I had to be a character, who would I be...better yet who would I choose to be?

If you could choose to be anything at all in life, anyone, would you still choose you?

1 comment:

Keri said...

I think I would still choose to be "ME." I might wish for things to add to me or to take away. I would add more faith, a lot more positive energy, organization for sure and more self discipline and knowledge. I would take away negative thoughts.
Thanks for your comments.
Keri