Thursday, February 19, 2009

Take it to the limit

Do limits change? Do we make adjustments for each incident and person....do you have the right to adjust your level of limits every day? Are limits bad?

Sometimes we need outside friends to help us see and define our own limits. I woke up this morning to that song Take It To The Limit One More Time and it made me start wondering about our own limits we put on ourselves.

We all have our limits...the points we give ourselves as to how far we can be pushed, tested, abused.....we lay out these limits and we put up with things. Once they get to this new level or place we stop, say no more or collapse into a muddled mess. What if all your limits are hit at the same time...what happens to you then?

Do we really have to wait until things get to the nth degree to change them? Or is it we can't really see what is happening until we get to that point? For instance, I am done with winter. Done, done, done. I seriously hit the wall like 3 weeks ago. I can't stand the heavy clothes, the long sleeves, the layers upon layers. I broke out some summer clothes...and yes people look at me funny and yes I've been chilly but I have had my limit of winter and the cold and the blah. Maybe that's why a trip to Phoenix in two weeks is giving me hope again....maybe.

Limits....I feel like I spend most of my time limiting myself...and it feels like the minute I decide to stop doing that, to stop limiting myself, to stop stopping, it feel more limiting that before.

How do you get to a point in your life where you just live without all the rules and the worry and the ....stuff?

I need a visit to my thinking spot.

1 comment:

Schnoodler said...

I guess if we're going to exist amongst other people we have to acknowledge that they have limits too and they are not the same as ours. Thus we dance around each other careful of each others toes. Igonring the fact that other people are on the dance floor is akin to closing your eyes and stomping. what are you going to do? Smash toes or dance carefully? Or maybe just be good at apologizing and hope you don't hurt them too badly and dance away.