Friday, February 6, 2009

Open book?

It has always disturbed me when some tells me I an "open book". It kind of happened twice yesterday and when I mentioned it to some friends they said I am an open book and my blog is proof of that. At first I was like 'um whatever" but I guess in a way it is. My blog is the place I go to do a brain dump of all the muddled mess that stirs around in my head. Often once I put things down in here it sort of works itself out, its like once I put them out there, I can sort through them and sometimes just the writing of my thoughts lets me figure out the muddled mess. It's like a martini, shaken but not stirred!

In my past life Troy used to tell me that all the time that I was an open book and he knew exactly what I was thinking and it sometimes made me giggle but mostly it used to disturb me....why do others get to know what I am thinking when sometimes I don't even know what I am thinking? I guess I perceived it as a negative thing...something I needed to change about myself but in some weird way, there is some comfort now in the fact that I very well may be an open book. I might be OK with that. Being open doesn't have to mean it's a bad thing, it might make things a lot easier.

Sometimes when my boss tells me things or gives me an "opportunity" he'll ask if I'm OK with it or something and I can say yes even though I often mean HELL TO THE NO but he'll know and he'll say I can see you're not. Open book.....dang it. Sometimes its not always a good thing. Do we want to live a life shut off from the world, closed with no one to read us or do we open up and let them look at the table of contents?

Are we lying to ourself or the world if we say one thing but do another? Do we risk not living an authentic life if we don't? If I could change this about myself would I want to?

Why do we always think we have to change who we are? Do we do it for ourselves or for someone else? Do we put so little value in the person we have created that we have to change it? Change who we have become? I get making adjustments or considering other people's feelings when we make some changes but do we need to change all the time? Is it really change or is it learning? We learn what makes us happy, we learn who we want to spend time with....we learn.

I did my fairy cards just now and talk about wild....I pulled Be Yourself - this situation calls for you to be your authentic self, which is the basis for your personal power and the Ask for What You Want - let the Universe and other people know what you need.

Wow wow wow....be myself, let down my guard and give others the opportunity to know the real me. Expect a positive outcome and you will be rewarded.

Hmm, perhaps my book is more open than I expected it would be....it appears the Universe has checked it out.

No comments: