Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I do beleive in fairies.....

Do you remember that scene in Peter Pan when Captain Hook poisoned Tinkerbell? Tinkerbell is basically dying and we know this because her light is fading and it's almost gone out when Peter Pan turns to the audience and shouts "She's going to die unless we do something! You have to help me!"

He then shouts at the audience - "Clap your hands! Clap your hands if you believe...clap your hands and shout "I believe in fairies!" Of course everyone starts clapping their hands and shouting at the top of their lungs....I kind of feel like that in general or maybe it's just today. I feel like I've gotten to a place in my life where I beleive...I beleive in myself. I feel like I am starting to trust my voice, trust my decisions and trust that I am doing what I need to be doing. I think I do beleive in fairies! I'd like to believe in something bigger than me, something outside my being. I feel like clapping and shouting.....and I feel like I can make a difference....even if it's for some poor fairy that's been poisoned. I believe in fairies, and I'm going to shout it at the top of my lungs.

Okay, maybe not so much in the literal sense of beleiving in fairies, but the concept of them. Lately I've been doing my magical fairy cards and I keep pulling this one card over and over...and I know it's a message, I know the little nymphs are out there conspiring with the Universe to send me a message and they really can't seem to make it any clearer than it is and I'm starting to get it! I'm starting to realize it and hear it and act on it. This particular card is about letting go. It's saying stop thinking, stop planning, stop stopping yourself....go with the moment, go with the flow, let go. It's time to embrace the things you want, the things your scared of, the things you've been avoiding and go...grow...move past the place you've stopped yourself. Take one step and don't question things....just move.

It's a little disconcerting that no matter what question I pose to my deck of cards, the last four times I've pulled this exact same card....I mean honestly. I've shuffled, I've pondered, I've asked different questions and yet this card appears. So maybe I'm a little slower on the uptake than most, maybe I need to hear something multiple times to get it to sink into my brain or maybe it was the second cocktail that helped me see things clearer (whatever) but last night I pulled out the cards to ponder some questions and the second card I pulled was that card again. The little hairs on my neck sort of popped up and I was like....whoa.....this is weird. So I thought about it and thought about it and woke up at 2:30am still thinking about it and have now decided that it is indeed a message I need to process. I wonder if the Universe and the fairies often conspire?

My message from the Universe today: Hunches, instincts, and intuition are priceless because they throw you into action.

Thoughts become things.....choose good ones.

So I guess today's message or lesson is to be like Tinkerbell. Listen for voices shouting that they believe in you! Surround yourself with those kinds of people and soon your light will come back.

"I do believe in fairies!"





No comments: