Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blog of babble

My head feels really muddled today with lots of random thoughts....too many to make one nice cohesive blog post so today I am going to babble...babble about things that may or may not be connected to one stream of thought, but so much is going on around me right now that I just don't know how to process all this input without just sort of spewing it out....so here goes.

There's an old saying that says..."If the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is eat a live frog, then nothing worse can happen for the rest of the day!"

Your "frog" should be the most difficult item on your to do list, the one you're most likely to procrastinate; because, if you "eat" that first, it'll give you energy and momentum for the rest of the day. If you don't and you let him sit there on the plate and stare at you while you do a hundred other things, it can drain your energy and you won't even know it. I get that, when you put off the worst thing on your list it does sort of drain you....at least it does me. There are somethings or some people that do that to me on a daily basis. I guess you can't do anything about it other than just face it...head on and move on.

I always have huge to do lists....I tend to go down the page and tick them off one by one. Sometimes I'm amazed at all I can get done in a day and other days I feel like I am spinning my wheels and going no where. I keep saying I need a wife....but man...wouldn't it be nice to have a helping hand once in awhile? How many times do we sit staring at our own frog?

We got some news at work yesterday, well I guess in this economic time it's not such bad news but its enough to be disappointing to say the least. They finally confirmed out loud that there will be no salary increases...and frankly I'm sure I would have gotten a good one! But...I have a job and I know lots of people out there struggling with that issue now so I am not even going to complain...not even a little. Oh look at me...how evolved I've become. I'm disappointed in these events but thankful I still have a job...wow...who am I?

Next thought swirling around in my head is all about feelings - I've been thinking about this a lot over the last few days because I've been really struggling with family issues...well really more about my feelings about my family...my parents, my place in my family, myself as a daughter, as a sister, as a friend and even as a person....just feelings over all. I am not sure how to "label" what I am trying to process. Mostly I'm trying to be OK with what I am feeling or in some cases NOT feeling and I keep coming back to the "feeling" that it's wrong.

I'm trying really hard to not censor myself, to stop stopping myself from being OK with what I feel. To let my feeling go where they want to and see what happens...see where they go but I keep feeling.....confused. I feel like all this recent stuff with my dad is suppose to make me feel a certain way that I don't really feel and I feel bad for not feeling more....does any of that make any sense?

I admire kids - they have this uncanny ability to just accept...they don't really over think or worry or much care about anything more than the moment they are in. I often think of myself a a big kid but I probably could take more of a lesson from them. They are fun, I love the sound of their laughter and mostly their enthusiasm! I think in someways I have a childlike spirit but I think sometimes I just take things way too seriously - I need to change that. I want to have "no limit thinking and stop putting fences up!

And oddly enough.....what does the Universe (and when I say the Universe - I don't mean scary little voices in my head http://www.tut.com/) tell me today:

Think back to a happy time in your life. A really, really happy time. If
you can, try to remember the happiest you've ever felt. Think of the laughter, the peace, the confidence, the ease of it all. Emotionally, relive a few of those moments. Don't think of the details (people, places, or circumstances); just think of the way you felt. Good. Very good. We're just creating some building blocks for tomorrow and the rest of your amazing life.
Adios,
The Universe

See...the Universe always knows what I'm thinking almost at the very moment I am thinking it.

What a muddle mess in my head today. Maybe a good drink later will help clear it out!

No comments: