Monday, February 16, 2009

The last to know

Sometimes we go through our own lives so fast we forget about so many things. We forget about people, places, events and all of a sudden we wake up somewhere in the middle and wonder where it all went. We are the last to know, sometimes about our own lives.

I laid down the gauntlet at the beginning of this year (or the NEW new year) that it's a year of no rules...new things...getting out of my comfort zone...and yesterday as I dozed the day away I realized I've been doing pretty good at putting that into action. I didn't even realize how much more I've been pushing myself (with a little help from some friends) until I was talking to a friend on the phone last night and he remarked on my new "attitude". Well not so much my attitude I guess, as much as I think I'm starting to do more things and feel better about who I am and where I am at that he noticed...I guess sometimes we are the last to know.

Never under estimate the power a person has...power over themselves and their own life. I used to feel like mostly it was out of my control, that I didn't really have the power to change things. I guess I really am a big girl now. I feel like challenging myself and pushing myself has helped me grow a lot so far...and it's only the middle of February. It's funny how once you open one little door how many others keep sort of squeaking open and all of a sudden you have lots more options, choices or paths to choose. It's a good thing.

Sometimes we just have to learn to love the beast that is us. My note from the Universe today says:

When you begin to find love in people, places or things you haven't found it before, it's always because you've grown.

You so rock,
The Universe


I was really lazy yesterday....I was house/pet sitting for a friend so I tried to be as productive as one can be when they are not in their own space but mostly I laid on the couch sleeping and watching bad Lifetime TV...it was a rather nice way to spend my Sunday but it does sort of put me way behind with this week already. It always feels like there isn't enough time to do things I want to to vs. doing the things I HAVE to do.

Just found out my on line class will start March 23rd. It's on cultural diversity which I think will be really interesting both professionally and personally, just worried about the amt of work that will be required. That will be going on the same time as my Marketing class and then I have only my capstone (big final class that involves work and school) left....June 23rd can not come soon enough! Already making plans for a week off in July to do NOTHING!

So here's to growth, and opening doors and just getting on with life. Yeah me!

No comments: