Friday, February 27, 2009

Perky people

Really perky people annoy me. I'm just going to say it. Morning people, super happy like they've popped some kind of pill people annoy me. I think I used to probably be one of those kinds of people but as I've aged, I find those kind of people really get under my skin.

I prefer to wake up and lay with my thoughts for a bit. To process my day, my thoughts, my week....whatever. I can't just get up and be like HI - isn't it a great day! Let's engage...ugh. Shut the hell up is what I say. At least until I've had a cup of coffee.

I realize the schedule I am on has me crossing paths with this gaggle of women who are like nails on a chalkboard every single morning and I didn't realize it until today really because they weren't actually there filling up my head with all their chatter and jibberish. I walked into the cafeteria to get my java and it was blissfully silent. I almost wondered if it was a Saturday. Ahh. I looked around wondering if possibly I had gone deaf and didn't realize it but no...they were no where to be found. Possibly they all took the day off! I was able to get my coffee in blissful, wonderful silence. Life is good.

But as luck would have it some Mary Poppins was waiting at the elevator bank and was all super chatty and over the top perky. "Aren't Fridays just the BEST days ever" she chirped at me. I sort of stared blankly at her and in my head was saying to the Universe....WTF!? Then as luck would have it the elevator wait was longer than normal so she kept chattering at me...I couldn't even focus on what it was she was saying to me. I just sipped my coffee and tried to block her but she was so....buoyant and perky that all I wanted to do was slowly put my hand over her mouth and shush her...I didn't but that's what I wanted to do.

When did I turn into a morning curmudgeon? When did I begin to hate morning people so vehemently? My eyes can't seem to focus this morning either...so maybe it's just a today kind of feeling but jesh.....people.....shut up.

Clearly I need a vacation, a break from my life, from reality, from all that is going on through my head every single day. Is it really enough to get away from our own reality for a few days to be able to build up that wall that allows us to take in all the daily crap we don't like or don't want?

Why can't I make a pot of coffee at home? That would make my life so much easier!

1 comment:

TT. said...

Face it, baby, you've turned into me. Except that I CAN make coffee at home. Jesus, it's the simplest thing in the world. Of course, so is watching a DVD for most people.

:-)