Friday, February 13, 2009

Breathing Room

I woke up today with an odd sense of peace, calm and dare I say....happiness. I usually wake up way before my alarm even goes off, which is pretty early anyway, and I just lie there pondering the day, life and all the stuff on my list. Today I didn't wake up unusually early - crazy - and I feel refreshed, centered and ready to take on whatever the world has to offer me today. It's an oddly wonderful way to wake up, one I am clearly not used to at all.

I feel like I am able to breath for the first time in a really long time, like taking a big breath in and letting it all go.(There's that letting go thing again!) I feel like I can stop moving for two minutes and focus, it's a really nice feeling. What's changed? What's made this switch? Maybe it's because I got all my homework done already as well as my part of my final team project that's due in two weeks, maybe it's the few cocktails I had with some friends last night (love martini's!) and the late night Perkins run (thanks Leah!) or is it because for the first time in a long time I really slept? So much to consider, it could even be that I am starting to feel settled in my new space, like it's "home".

It's funny how this hasn't really felt like home to me yet, it feels like I am in someone else's space and I've had to be so careful and thoughtful about putting my stuff down. I've really never lived in a place that feels as grown up as this place does. It's full of possibilities too. Is it possible I've really turned a corner in my own life? It's odd when we let ourselves really experience things....stop putting up the walls and all the rules and the "should have's".

Why do we do that to ourselves? If we take care of the inside does it automatically take care of the outside? If we (finally) learn to center ourselves and connect with our core being does the path just unfold before us? I am going to spend the day doing a lot of things on my "to do" list like unpacking my office/den which may require a little shopping, it's all been in boxes in my closet and making me feel really unsettled. I may even get paint so I'm ready to finish my house and really begin living my life. I need to finish a project for my sister and then I think that's it.

How amazing...nothing looming out there - just some time to maybe play a little! Really looking forward to my weekend too....I'm taking a new class on making jewelry which I've wanted to take for years and it's at a place I love. The people there are so nice and fun and creative...it's fun to be around people like that. I've actually made Valentines day plans too...well at least dinner plans anyway, going to spend it with some friends and pretty much doing nothing else with the rest of my weekend.

What will I do then?

Wild....who am I turning into?

No comments: