Friday, February 20, 2009

Everything is going to be ok

I have these fairy cards, like animal cards, and in times of confusion or if I need clarity, I like to ask them questions and see what they have to say. Sometimes they tell me what I need to hear, sometimes they tell me what I don't like to hear and sometimes I have no idea what they mean or are saying to me. Today is one of those days.

I am feeling really connected to music lately, it's like some of the new music I am hearing is really coming from inside me, or my head. It's like my words but in a really cool way. Words are powerful. We use them to hurt, to heal, to express ourselves and yet they alone don't have the power we intend them to. Saying something doesn't make it true. Actions speak louder than words. When you spend your days working with people you begin to realize how people's actions mean more than their words. All day long I am helping people, I am at their beckon call. I run when they say run, I jump when they say jump and I think I am needing a little payback. I want some of that back. I feel stuck in the middle....going no where, wheels spinning but gaining no ground. I realize we have to keep moving and keep doing and keep on keeping on but I feel dizzy.

Back to my fairies....so I asked the cards a few questions....and oddly enough I keep pulling this one card....Everything's Okay. Don't worry. It's all working out in a beautiful way. Now I get this...I get that life is all ebb and flow but it feels a bit muddled lately and I'm not sure quite how to unmuddle things. Everyday I open my email and there are notes from friends....I've been laid off, I'm breaking up, I'm engaged, I'm having a baby......it feels like every one's life is in motion, is going some place, even if it's not necessarily a good place, but it seems like everyday mine is the same. I get up, I go to work, I go home or to work or to school or home. It's mundane, dull, boring....I fear I am turning into that person that will have 3 cats and watch 10 TV shows regularly!

Yesterday at the ET we had this tub repair guy come in and I was walking him to the apts that he needed to get into and one happened to be mine.....and as we talked the conversation went something like this:
Him: I won't be bothering your roommate will I?
Me: Nope, I live alone
Him: What about your cats?
Me: What? I don't have cats?
Him: Really...you live alone and you don't have cats?
Me: Why do you think I would have cats?
Him: Someone your age lives alone, I just assumed there would be cats.
What? Really? I sort of laughed at it but then I started thinking later about it and thought what does that mean? Do cats just seem to go with being single? With being alone?

The Universe says this to me today:

Whatever it is you want, however you want to have it, no matter why you want to have it you can have it faster if you can first be happy without it. Sneaky, clever, foxy, wry -
The Universe

So first I guess I need to be happy without things.....so I must accept the life I have, the role I play, the person I am before it can begin to change?

Everything is going to be OK.

No comments: