Saturday, August 9, 2008

Crafting, Laughing and the Olympics

Spending time up here is very rejuvenating. I feel like I can breath...there is pretty much no one around us at all and it's quiet and peaceful and very zen like. The trees blowing in the breeze, especially the birch trees is a very tranquil sound. There is this little spot once can go and sit out that juts out over the water and it seems to be a very nice thinking spot. No one is on this little nook of the lake we are on and it's amazingly peaceful. I haven't slept this good in I don't know how long. I really needed this weekend.

We took a break last night to watch the opening ceromines of the Olympics....not sure I loved it as much as I've loved other ceremonies..like the winter ones..but it was cool to see. I was a little annoyed by them making such a polticial issue out of every single thing but I guess that's what's going on in the world so it must be fodder for conversation. Watched that and then went back to crafting. Crashed about midnight. It was a very productive day. Got about 50 cards made yesterday. Today I've started my Christmas cards. Woo hoo. I'm going to be so ready for the holidays!!!

Spent a lot of time just laughing...I miss my friend Rachael.....but I'm glad we get to spend this kind of time together. It's really fun. Robin and Kim are awesome as well...it's fun that 4 girls can get along sooo well. We are all having fun. We are going out to celebrate Kim's birthday tonight....going to The Chocolate Moose. We went there for breakfast yesterday and I had an amazing greek omelet. Spinach, pine nuts, artichokes, feta cheese and greek olives. It was enormous. Had some for breakfast today and will finish it tomorrow. Awesome food. Looking forward to dinner there. Kim is going to be our designated driver too. Ha...perfect. Oh they sell Shirks pizza's up here...can't wait to bring some home!!!!!

No comments: