Friday, August 8, 2008

Weekend fun

Who doesn't love a weekend? Especially nice long stress free weekend? Me...pick me. A few freinds and I left the cities for the wilderness - well sort of. We are in Isabella about 20 miles outside of Ely Minnesota right on the edge of the Boundary waters...it's pretty spectacular up here. Right out back of the cabin is a sort of portage to a bigger part of the Stoney River. It's just beautiful. It's very quiet and better yet they have high speed internet and a dish...so we have the opening ceremony of the Olympics playing as we stamp and scrapbook the day away.

We got in last last night, about 12:30 - a little delay in us getting here but we had fun along the way and once we got inside I went directly to bed. Although it's kind of comical that we were all suppose to bring our own sheets for the beds none of us actually brought the right size. I have a queen size bed at home and I got a queen size bed here and some how I brought a full sheet? Where do you suppose that came from? Robin is in a twin but brought a king and Kim is in a double and brought a full. HA HA HA....we are goof balls.

One thing I realized is it doesn't matter how much time has passed when friends haven't seen each other...if you are good friends then you can just reconnect immediately and it's great. It's been nothing but silly fun since we all got up. Love spending time with people like this! On a production note I've gotten about 30 cards made today! Tomorrow I start my Christmas cards...thats right CHRISTMAS!

Peace out

No comments: