Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Does a wish have power?

I wish I may I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight. All these songs and statements about wishing make me wonder....does a wish have power? When it's our birthday we get a cake (or chocolate covered strawberries!!) and we blow out the candles and make a wish.....with a puff of air it's gone...the smoke filtering our wish up up and away....what happens to it?

I wish for a lot of things....I want good hair, to be thin, to be pretty, to be rich, to have someone adore me and that seems to be a lot of just words. Without action can a wish happen? It's confusing if you really wish for something...like my nephew just got diagnosed with viral meningitis. I wish he didn't have it...that he was feeling better already - but a wish doesn't really do anything for him.

Perhaps a wish is just what we placate ourselves with until something really happens?

I wish it were easier.

No comments: