Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Letting go

Along the lines of yesterdays blog on changes, I continued to process that thought as the day went on. Getting my nails done is sort of relaxing for me, it didn't used to be but the people who do my nails now don't really like to talk to you, mostly because they don't really speak english, unlike my last place, it was like a social hour! So when I get my nails done I just sort of zone out while they work at making me pretty.

I started thinking about how hard it is to let things go. Things people say, things they do or even the way they look at you when you are talking to them. "It's hard to let go" really can be considered a false statement if you really think about it. I mean, it's not hard to let go, it's our stubborn nature or mindset that allows us to hang on to things. I am begining to beleive that It's actually harder to hang on. Think of it like a cat hanging from a tree, the longer it holds on, the heavier it's body gets. Pretty soon it's little paws are shaking as it clutches the tree for safety. The strength is in the letting go.

Letting go...such a simple statement yet so very hard to do. I realize I have things still in my head from my childhood I haven't been able to "let go" of. Is letting go is it along the same lines as forgiving someone? I could be in trouble...I'm a taurus and you know we are as stubborn as the day is long.

I like to think of my new free time as my "discovery time". It's time for me to think, grow, feel, create, figure my life out.....discovery. Has a nice feel to is. Problem is I feel like a fish out of water, desperately trying to find my way back to the pond. There are a lot of emotions that arise during this "discovery time" and I am finding it really easy to slip back into old habits. They may not be bad habits but they are old, trusted and true. In order to reinvent ourselves we have to go down the path less traveled and see what's there, but I have to admit, if feels as if it's a scary dark lonely place.

Well I guess it's time to strap on some hip boots and start walking.

"You have got to discover you, what you do, and trust it."

No comments: