Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday already?

Man the weekends go fast don't they? Seems like I was just gearing up for the weekend and now...it's Monday. Had a fabulous weekend!! Yesterday I awoke super early, 6:30am. I laid in bed for awhile looking out at the lake and listening to nothing..the quietness was overwhelming. I finally got up closer to 7am and went outside...it was just breath taking. I hope my pictures turned out. There was this mist/fog covering the lake and I could literally watch it disappear before my eyes. I sat out there for a long time listening to the loons calling out to each other, the birds chirping and enjoyed the gentle breeze as it made the trees sing softly to me. Ahhh. Life just doesn't get better than this moment.

I sat on the thinking spot and thought the fog/mist is pretty amazing, it completely blocks from view anything behind it and then suddenly, it begins to move, to dissipate with a eerie calm. Slowly the fog is lifted and I can see clearly the trees on the other side and the rocks jutting out from the lake (which seems really low) and I felt like I could breathe...not just regular breathe but a deep, soul cleansing breath. Ahh....this moment is really nice. I enjoyed sitting there, thinking and doing nothing and then I realized...oh my God...I'm actually doing nothing! I mean I was just sitting there staring out and not really thinking....I was really peaceful and calm. Nothing seemed to matter or to worry me and I thought this is pretty nice. There were no distractions such as people or boats or kids or anything...just me and this peaceful place. Maybe that's the key, I need to find a quiet spot to be able to do nothing. How does one find that in their own everyday life? I've tried...I've tried several times but I feel anxious or like I have to be doing something...how do you find a place to calm your insides? I liked it. I liked it a whole bunch. I guess that is one more thing to add to my to do list...find a quiet place.

I think I have managed to kick my caffeine addiction....it's day 5.....my headaches have been less and less but seem to come on about 11ish each day....hopefully they will stop soon. Today is day one of drinking 50% of my weight in ounces of water every day....so lets say I weigh 200lbs...I have to drink 100oz of water. Oh God...I see myself attached to the bathroom. Add to this I'm taking all synthetic fats (like butter & oils), fried foods, NutraSweet, aspartame & Splenda as well as refined sugars and white flour out of my diet. Going to try this for two weeks to cleanse my body from the inside out to try to jump start my metabolism and see if we can figure out why I get sick every time I eat. Then I'll slowly start reintroducing foods back in my diet like whole grains and simple starches. It's a process....I'm all about processes.

No comments: