Monday, August 25, 2008

It's official...I'm old

Man....what a great weekend I had but my God I'm exhausted today! Wow...it sure takes a lot out of a girl this working and staying up late and two shows daily! Wow.

Check out my sassy outfit though....wow...was it short though. Yikes....what this picture doesn't really show is HOW short it was. It was a treat for the folks let me tell you! We had fun though. My one big line was as the two cowboys were fighting over me..."Boys - stop...there's enough of me to go around!" Yes it's true, it got some laughs. I think I sufficiently scared small children away from being a saloon girl.

I'm not a big advocate of guns but I have a whole new respect for them and for the people who admire them. There is something quite surreal about hearing a machine gun rattle off a round at 9:15 in the morning followed quickly by a cannon firing. It really gives you an idea of how powerful those devices really are. The cannon fire literally made the ground shake. It was cool from a distance, I can't imagine what it sounded like up close. Many different types of people attend Shooters Round up (aka the gun show) and it never ceases to surprise me when some dude shows up with a princess of a girlfriend in tow. This one princess was in white pants, designer purse, nice shoes - heels, and her hair was all perfectly done up blackberry in hand probably texting to one of her BFF's something like "OMG - I can't believe I have to spend some time here, this place is disgusting. Wish I were shopping".

2 hours later when she emerged from the dusty wilderness trail she looked a hot mess. She was dusty and grimy and she had a look on her face that seemed to say if I could shoot lasers from my eyes, you would all be dead! Her man on the other hand, was delirious giddy as he double checked his sheet to be sure he hit EVERY book on the mile and a half trail. Ahhh, living in that world must be so satisfying.

Had fun hanging with Rachael and her family and as usual I learned how much I really love the modern conveniences of my own life. We stayed up too late and worked all day and put on two shows, it takes a lot out of a person. I finished up my homework and did laundry (all my clothes from the weekend smelled like a campfire) and went to bed at 9pm last night. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out last night..until 5am this morning. Ahhhh, that is the first time in I don't know how long I got 8 hrs of sleep but man, I could soooooo go back to bed right now.

It was fun to have a few friends show up to see the Melodrama and then to experience the fun that is the gun show. I think Rachael said her family has 200 acres...its an amazingly huge piece of land and so much to see besides the people watching! Saturday night she took me around the property on a four wheeler...man I really want a four wheeler of my own!!!

Tomorrow is my last class in HR Management...can you believe that I only have 6 classes left and I'm done! Amazing.

No comments: