Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Leap and the net will appear?

What kind of a net magically appears when you blindly jump out into space? Lately it seems that statement keeps coming up again and again. What is the Universe trying to tell me? Am I too deaf or self involved to understand the true meaning of that statement?

Yesterday I decided it was time to purchase some new clothes - of course I went to three different stores and the only thing I found that was moderately appealing was a cute pair of shoes I bought for only $6!!! They are strappy cute summer shoes - I had to have them! Nothing else appealed to me. I looked at the clothes I wanted to buy but they aren't really work clothes...more fun, weekend, casual clothes. I need dressy work clothes...although I don't know that I NEED them....lately it seems women at work are wearing capri's and not even nice ones, more casual weekend type clothes...it's disturbing. Anyway, I didn't find anything I felt I had to buy. Always happens when you actually have money to spend.

As I was shopping this lady decided we needed to be BFF's and she just started chatting with me about everything. She said TWICE during our conversation you just have to leap and the net will appear...at first I thought right on sister then when she said it again I started thinking...where is this magical net and just how big is it? I know it's about a taking a leap of faith but in my experience, leaping has kinda hurt! I don't know that I honestly care to leap again.

Maybe I'm being the glass is half empty but really my life is kinda working ok right now. I have a decent job, I enjoy my pt. time job enough that it doesn't interfere with my life and school is cruising along pretty darn good. I'd like more fun in my life but I think in time that will come. So I guess maybe that net only appears when you need it. Isn't that an interesting thought.

No comments: