Thursday, August 28, 2008

Everything old is new again

Remember the good old days? I say that with a bit of sarcasm this morning because my parents always used to say that and I always said I would never say that...along with...kids these days - but I find myself saying that...alot.

I decided to get some scrambled eggs this am and as I waited for them to cook the guy behind the grill did a funny little move with his cooking utensils that made me have a flashback to The Muppets and the Swedish Chef. I got the giggles and I asked the cook if he ever watched The Muppets (he's like 12!) and he said no but two other people I was in line with had and we had a long discussion about the show and how great it was. That gave me a fun start to my day and I started thinking about how good tv used to be - shows like The Muppets, I Dream of Jeannie, The Dick VanDyke show...I Love Lucy...man tv used to be good! Of course I don't have that much time for tv now and I do sort love the reality tv shows but....remember the good old days?

One of the guys I was standing in line with later sent me this link - what a great fun site - check it out for some laughs. http://www.neatorama.com/index.php?s=muppets

It's been nice that work has picked up again for me...for awhile I was getting worried, it was slow and I didn't feel like I was adding any value and I was afraid they would feel that too but thankfully my plate is full again. Let's hope it last. Looking forward to a long weekend and a visit to the State Fair. I love corn dogs! Haven't been to the fair in two years, should be a good time.
I don't know how much the fair has changed over the years but one of my favorite things used to be to take my neice when she was younger and we would hang out there all day. We always played lots of games and had a fun time...she of course has gotten older and its hard to get time with her...kids these days...what are you going to do? I also haven't been to the Ren Fest in years either...I'm going with some friends in Sept. I'm also looking forward to that one too.

I am off tomorrow and we all have Monday off but next week at work is going to be nuts. We have a conference at 7am on Tuesday which means I'll need to be into work by 6:15am. Glad I stopped drinking caffeine...I will sleep better!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm don't forget that we are going on the Old Mill Ride!! You better wear good shoes!