Sunday, August 31, 2008

Freaks, Geeks & Family

Ahh a day at the state fair with friends and family. What a way to spend time with your family and friends. It was hot and there were a billion freaky people that made me feel really normal so overall it was a really good time. I rode the sky cabs, those cars that take you above the state fair. It was actually pretty dang amazing because it was spectacular to see the fair from that level but also that no one was slamming into me like I was freaking invisible. How can people be so oblivious to any other person and constantly slam into others.

At the end of my time there after having been slammed into just one too many time by some self involved idiot who was shoving some type of fried food into their mouth I had my fill. This freaky farmer type shoving a corn dog into his mouth slammed right into the front of me spilling my Mikes Hard lemonade - I deserved it - I turned to him and said - Am I invisible or are you just stupid. Ugh. I forgot how much I despise stupid crowds. My one main goal at the fair was to ride the Old Mill ride with my niece and dang if we didn't do it!! We did however manage to play the games at the midway which were quite fun. I especially love the water games...basically because they take abosolutely NO skill....my kind of a game.
One thing about spending time at the fair is how good a girls self esteem seems to get after seeing such a wide range of people. I'm always amazed at what people wear and sort of what they don't wear. Some people have such great self esteem that they can wear some really revealing outfits. As my brother-in-law stated "there is an awful lot of cleveage out here today - not all good". Ha ha. I haven't been to the fair in awhile and it really doesn't change....some new foods yes but overall it's still a great show.
I went to the farmers market yesterday morning with a friend and got all the makings for homemade salsa. I forgot how much it actually makes, I have to find friends to share it with because there is way more than I would ever need. I am house and dog sitting for a friend and she has wireless internet...I can't wait until I get it at home...was hoping to do it this weekend but I never got the things I needed to make it happen....perhaps next weekend.
Off to take a walk around the lake now..before it gets too hot.

No comments: