Thursday, September 4, 2008

Can one become interesting?

"There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will. It's useless to worry about the past - obviously it cant' be changed - all you have is the future...so listen to your soul and move forward."

I liked that quote, it sort of tags onto yesterdays thought but I thought it fitting for today as well. Today I wonder....can a person become interesting or is that something you just are?

I don't know that I would call my self interesting...I'm kinda boring really, I mean I get up, go to work, go home, sometimes go to school, or to a second job or occasionally out to dinner with a friend. I live alone, have no kids and until recently I didn't even have the Internet at home...how am I interesting? In the past few days I have been told a few times that I was an "interesting" person. I am not sure what that really means...does it mean strange, weird, odd, stupid, boring and they are just being nice by using the word "interesting"? Kind of like you do when your friend gets a new hair style and you say "Wow...that's different" and you really mean "Dear God that's horrible!". Anyway, I found those comments - well interesting.

I want to believe I am an interesting person, that I have things to bring to a conversation or to a group of people but is that one's own disillusion? Food for thought.

Here is another thought that came to me today as I overheard a conversation this am from these two people saying all the things they wish they had done this summer. Made me think did I miss out on something? What do I wish I would have done? I started to make a list....in no particular order here are some things I wish I had done:
1. Rode a horse
2. Gone fishing (I think I might enjoy it. I think I want to try ice fishing)
3. Learn to enjoy cooking
4. Walk around the lakes (any lake)
5. Spend time in a cabin on a lake
6. Gone to an outdoor movie (do they even still have those?)
7. Drive a real golf cart (don't want to golf, just want to drive the cart!)
8. Go to an outdoor concert
9. Have a water balloon fight
10. Lie in the dark and watch the stars

Time goes by so quickly and it's hard to plan things...the best things are the spontaneous unplanned events...they always provide me with the most fun. Isn't that an interesting thought.

No comments: