Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Signs

I know the Universe conspires to send us signals, signs, messages but sometimes I wonder if we expect that to happen so we start over thinking things that happen. Is it possible to want someone else to give us the answers so badly that we start imagining messages or signs?

When one door closes another one opens....but what does that really mean? The cynic in me wants to yell...well break the freaking door down....but the optimist wants to say, relax, it wasn't meant to be. It's fine...something better is going to come along. I know there are no guarantees in life, the recent economy and market madness is a perfect example of that, but a girl wants a little guarantee that things are heading in the direction at least. Am I even on the road much less the path? I realize life is a journey and we are suppose to "enjoy" the ride but I wouldn't mind a little bit of direction or guidance.

A friend of mine (no it's not me) recently joined one of those on line dating places and has tried to get me to join too...but it's not my thing...she called me last night really upset because she has been doing this for 3 months now and she can't find a match. She has had a few conversations with people but not really found her mate. My question is why are you paying for a service and getting the same results you were getting without paying for it? It's like $129 bucks to join and she has the same outcome as when she was just doing her own thing...I don't get it. It seems wrong to me that a person should have to pay to find love. Why isn't it easier? It makes me wonder, is the Universe conspiring to send her a message? Is she too suppose to be one who remains a solo? That's what I wonder...if you aren't getting the response or messages are you suppose to change direction? Accept your fate? Who has the answers?

Nothing is easy. Although I think we make things harder on ourselves than we need to. Right now I'm fighting with my school regarding the quaility of their teachers...it's a losing battle I am fairly sure but I'm paying good money and the return on my investment is not what I expect. I expect to have a teacher who is knowledgeable and challenges me to learn and grow, as it is now I am not really challenged or learning anything new and am super annoyed at the stupidity of this current teacher. I have had some really good ones and a few total idiots. This teacher really pushed me last week to actually say out loud in class that this class is a complete waste of my time causing an audible gasp from the rest of the class who also share my thought but aren't dumb enough to say it outloud. After 3 phone calls and an email to the school all with no response I'm tempted to give up my fight. I'm basically buying my degree....for most people that's probably ok but honestly, if I have to spend the time and my hard earned money I want to reap some benefits from it other than taking the useless books to Half Priced Books and hoping for $20 out of it. Jesh.

Why are things so freaking hard? Maybe I'm making too much out of it. I will be done with my degree in June of 2009, less than 9 months away....do I really fight this fight or suck it up and get through 9 months? Things to ponder.

No comments: