Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Hump Day~

There is something about a Wednesday that makes a week bearable. You are half way to the weekend and far enough away from Monday....it's all good by Wednesday. Especially if you have Friday off. Ahh, I sure am going to miss having Friday's off. What a delight it has been.

Fall is around the corner, the world is in the process of sluffing off the remains of summer (although it was 81 when I left work yesterday) and preparing for the chill of fall. Fall has to be my favorite time of the year. Seriously...the cool crips air, apples, pumpkins, falling leaves. Ahh. I can so appreciate falling leaves and the crunching sound they make under your feet when I don't have to spend time raking them. GOD I hated that. This time of the year a few years back was also the time the herd of cats moved in under my trailer. Thank God for Jason - the handy man I had a crush on. He was a really nice guy and really great to have on call when one needed something home repairs done cheaply. He rescused the cats out from under my trailer with a live trap...he was my hero. I don't think I ever saw him after that. I wonder what he's doing now.

Isn't if funny how quickly people become emeshed in our lives and how quickly they leave? I was thinking about that this morning when I found this old picture...it made me smile still but don't really have anything to do with those people anymore...none. We were connected at the hip for a long time and now I don't even remember their last name. Funny isn't it how time keeps giving us new people to love and care for.

REM songs always take me back in time...as I'm typing this they are singing NIGHT SWIMMING and I am having a little stroll down memory lane right now....I remember when this song was just becoming popular I was sitting on the deck of my condo staring out into the night sky listening to this song wondering what I was going to do with my life. Funny how right now I could do the very same thing.

No comments: