Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Problems are messages

Really? Problems are messages? I've always thought of problems as - well - problems...pains in my ass, something I need to figure out, something I wish SOMEONE else would figure out for me - but messages...never would have gone there.

I had dinner (mostly drinks! I was DD though) with a friend last night and she was sharing some of the situations (um problems) in her life right now and it wasn't just about how to solve the problem immediately it was more about the long term aspects of how the decision would effect (or is it affect?) her life in say 10 or 15 years...down the road. I was stunned by her insight into herself. I've never been one to think much past the moment...the here and now and here was this MUCH younger girl trying to make the right decision for the long run...I had to buy her another drink! I've always admired people that have the ability to look at themselves or their lives in such an objective manner. I'm barely able to think ahead to this weekend and worried that I might make a wrong decision regarding my social activity (or lack there of) and she is thinking long term life decisions. Wow...where did my parents go wrong?

You can always blame your parents....I've known mine my whole life and I've come to accept the dysfunction that is my family for what it is...I used to try to change it..to wish it were something else but you can't you can only accept and move past. Funny isn't it how different everyone learns to deal with their own damage. Some people forge ahead and build a better life for themselves and others sort of sit and wallow in the dysfunction. My left eye is driving me nuts these past few days, must be allergies, but it's watering and sort of burning all the time and one of my co-workers said try some benadryl and I said I just want to pluck it out. Then I thought that's kinda what I want to do with things...problems...just get rid of them.....rather than deal with them...interesting what a watery eye can make one realize about themselves before 7:00am isnt' it.

My message from the Universe was this today:
Even when the earth suddenly shakes, tides unexpectedly surge, and all hope seems lost, in the split second that follows I have a brand new plan, I know what we'll do, and I've got the pedal to the metal.

Just get back in your saddle and ride,

The Universe

Weird how things all just tie into one another isn't it.

No comments: