Saturday, September 6, 2008

Night club or bar?

Words have power. I know that but it's funny how one word can change the way you feel about something. I was talking to this older gentleman and he was telling me a story about when he and his buddies used to go out to the night clubs and tip back a few. That image is so much more graceful than going to the bar and getting trashed. I like the way words have the power to take you to a certain place in time with just the mentioning of them.

Maybe that's why I have such admiration for writers...they have the ability to conger up images by using words. To take one back, or forward, to some place in time with just the spelling of letters. What a gift that must be. The power that comes from making your fingers type what your mind is thinking amazes me. I like to think I can do that but I am such an amateur at it that mine tends to me more of a babbleness of words (is that even a word?) that flows out of me that it doesn't feel like it's at all at the same level.

I adore days like today! The coolness of the air and the bright sunshine give me such a sense of contentment that I wish I could bottle it and use it other times. This kind of weather makes me want to cook...isn't that funny...I don't even really like to cook but it makes me want to want to cook. Aren't we complicated individuals!!!!

1 comment:

Schnoodler said...

Your writing is quite good. Don't sell yourself shorty.