Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekends go by so fast

Isn't it amazing how a week tends to drag on and on and yet the weekend flies by in the blink of an eye? I had a pretty productive and fun weekend. I didn't do too much but it was really enjoyable. I spent most of Saturday day hanging out at home making jewelery and ran a few errands...then met some friends for a fun poker night. I pretty much lost all my money I had brought with (just a bucket of change) but it was a fun way to spend a night. I learned there are some things I'm just not good at...well besides the whole math thing. I learned I am not good at mixing drinks....I really should learn that skill...it will make me a better party goer. I can pour a glass of wine with the best of them but when it comes to measuring and mixing....I get lost. Possibly it is the whole math thing. :)

I also learned I have to learn my directions...I got so lost in freaking St. Louis Park trying to get back home. Granted it was late, 3am, and I had a few cocktails (earlier) and I was a little tired but overall, I took one wrong turn and I got lost in some neighborhood that seemed to be all dead ends....was the Universe trying to tell me something? I finally got home and to bed by about 4am. I was up again and off to meet friends by 10am on Sunday for breakfast and a movie. A little out of the normal for me but it was fun. I learned I have to learn to like cooking. I forgot how much I like breakfast and it would be nice to make it for myself now and then. Although I much prefer someone else cooking for me, but seeing as I live alone that really isn't going to happen anytime soon....so I must embrace that and learn to like it.

I learned that a job is a job no matter if you work in a big old corporation or a rental office or an architect firm....a job is a job. There will always be the idiot boss, the stupid/annoying co-worker or the office tramp and as long as I never end up in ONE of those roles I guess I'll be doing OK. Although how bad would it be if you were the office tramp...maybe I should re-think that?

I also learned that booze makes people spew out things they wouldn't normally tell someone they just met. I know I've done that before and if I remembered it at all I'm sure I'd be embarrassed but since it wasn't me this time it made me remember that drinking makes you stupid. That's why I think it's important to just drink to the point of being "moderately sedated" that way you still feel calm, cool and you remain collected. The trick is knowing when that last shot of tequila might be the one to push you over the edge. I hate being stupid drunk. Again, thankfully that wasn't me - :)

I like meeting new and interesting people. I like it when guarded people drop their guard just a notch and let you peek in that door that they have sealed so tight. It makes me want to keep knocking until I get to open it fully and peek inside. I don't need to kick it open and jump inside, just peek and see what's going on. I like people who don't really "live out loud" they make me feel calmer and more balanced. I should adopt some of that kind of living....I think it would be good for me. Although, can a zebra really change her stripes? Do I really need or want to?

Deep thoughts for the last Monday in September.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living out loud is your gift to the world-spread your joy

mk

Schnoodler said...

Ditto.

There's only one of you, why deprive the world of that.