Monday, September 8, 2008

Feeling and looking are two different things

I have days where I feel like - well like a true trailer park mama. Then there are days I feel fantastic like when I'm wearing the right outfit and the perfect pair of shoes. This weekend was more of the latter...especially on Sunday. I was really tired on Sunday but pushed myself to be productive and accountable. Two things I don't so much enjoy doing anymore. I sorta get it when older people say they are just plain tired....sadly I'm really starting to get that.

Saturday night I had a friends bbq and got home before midnight...so not terribly late and I only had 1 glass of wine, I intended on taking a shower when I got hom but was sooooo tired that I just crawled into bed. Since it was my weekend to work, I knew I had to be up and downstairs to open the building by 7:30am so I set my alarm for 7am. I intended on taking a shower and starting my day...well that didn't happen either. I hit snooze once (10 min) and then had about 20 min. to get dressed and downstairs. It only takes about 45 min to 1 hr to do all the things I need to do to open the building but then I was going grocery shopping and then laundry because our laundry room is going to be closed for a week (I think longer) so I was on a mission to get a lot done before I had to be back in the office at 11am.

I have to admit, I didn't put a lot of effort into my appearance, I did comb my hair and wore decent enough clothes but I beleive I could have done better...I was dragging and really sorry I had given up caffeine at this point. I felt like I looked like I lived back in my trailer. Ugh. Funny thing was people kept commenting on how nice I looked...I was like ARE YOU FREAKING BLIND? I guess how you feel doesn't necessiarly match how you look. What an interesting lesson to learn. It took me all night to think on that one though.

Today is the beginning of United Way week at work, they call it Employee Giving Campaign or EGC week....today myself and a co-worker are the hosts of Plinko. I'm pretty excited about that because even though I didn't get to play it for real on TPIR, I can have a moment now and host it. I hope it's as fun as I think it's going to be.

No comments: