Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekends and crabby people

What is it about a weekend that makes people so unhappy? I mean really, at 7:45am what could possibly make someone so incredibly unpleasant? Spend a good portion of my day today being crabbed at for various reasons: why isn't the coffee in the party room? you can't put that sign up here. why is the mail so late? why did you lock the door? blah blah blah. Jesus...do people realize they live in an apt. complex and not some 5 star resort where we as staff are not here to serve their every little whim. JESUS GOD!

It doesn't help that the office is like 900 degree's. There is no air circulation in this little office and I am tired of sweating like a freaking monkey. God lord, get me some air. I think I need to buy a fan for in here.

Last night at about 11:30 there was this knocking at my door....I was still up and thought...did someone just knock at my door? So I went to look out my peep hole - two younger guys were standing there with flowers in their hand and a bottle of wine...my first thought was WOO HOO...then I was like wait...I don't know anyone who would do that. So in all my evening glory I opened the door and said...um I think you are at the wrong apt unless I'm dreaming. Hee hee. I made them blush. They were very apologetic and very sweet.....but sadly I sent them away. I wonder who they were going to see with wine and flowers on a Friday night so late!

Weekends go by too fast. I always try to pack so much into the small amt of free time I have but it never seems to be enough time to get everything done. Things that don't really HAVE to be done but should be like cleaning, laundry, sorting through and trashing the extra crap I seemed to have accumulated. Where does this stuff come from and why do I think I need to hang on to it. It's not like I really have a need for these things....like Mardi Gra beads..why do I need 20 necklaces? I did clean out my closets last week (had a very productive Friday off work) and donated lots of things I don't wear or use at least in terms of clothes. Wish I could do that with other parts of my life.

I realize with age comes some form of crabbiness...but lately I really find myself encountering more and more really crabby people and I think it's kind of contagious. I really don't enjoy being surrounded by a whole bunch of people...it actually something I completely want to avoid. Old age or crabbiness...maybe a mix of both.

No comments: