Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gossip is fun!

I like to know things as much as the next girl and I sure love celebrity gossip but man...some people freaking live to gossip! It's like heroin for them. There is this one person at work who is always asking me a million questions the second I get in the door. No matter what time it is...doesn't she ever go home or sleep? She is like a vulture waiting for me to come in every day swooping over me forcing me to share stuff or to ask me a bazillion questions about some event that happened the day before. I think I used to be that person.

I used to be a morning person, I would wake up all re-charged and ready to hit the ground running and I was the question queen. I would be all perky and chatty and talkative and now I want to shoot laser beams out my eyes at people like that. I never got that before. I TOTALLY get that now. I need to be up for awhile before I can even think about talking to people and for sure I can't deal with "morning" people first thing in the morning. Maybe age does change a person? All I know is I want to strangle freaky happy morning people without even thinking about it. Gossip is fun but not until after I've had a cup of coffee.

I'm amazed at how much stuff I don't know on a daily basis too. It's funny, people think because of my job I know so much more than I really do. Sometimes that's OK because they end up telling me things they THINK I know and other times things go down that I SHOULD have known about and I'm clueless. Corporate worlds are such a Rubik's cube.

I watched this movie last night (can check out free movies from the ET) called Addicted to Love with Matthew Broderick, Kelly Preston and Meg Ryan. It was basically the story of a couple (Mat & Kelly) who ended up breaking up because she found something different in New York - a better life, man, job...just better. He couldn't accept the fact that they were done and he followed her to New York and set up camp in an abandoned building across the street and he had some kind of equipment that let him spy on her and her new lover and then he met Meg Ryan and chaos ensued. Overall pretty uneventful and unbelievable but I guess a fine enough distraction from doing homework. One line in the movie really hit me...Matt said something like...you can't help who you love. Isn't that a powerful statement?

I remember recently saying to someone - Your heart wants what who your heart wants. Even though your head knows it's wrong, you can't make your heart stop wanting that person. Wow...such deep thoughts aren't they? Are we suppose to love someone so much that we forget ourselves and our own needs so much that only that other person matters? I've seen it happen when someone has a baby. Unconditional love...that all consuming, all powerful unconditional love. No questions asked, you just give your heart and soul to another being without even thinking about it. Wow...I don't think I've ever been able to do that. Don't know if I could. Scares me to even think about it but it happens every day. I've lost good friends to that sort of a feeling. They get all involved in a new realationship and the only thing they have to talk about is that other person. Shoot me now man...shoot me now.

Guess that's why I am who I am.

No comments: