Sunday, October 26, 2008

Atmospheric Shifts

I love fall. The crisp air, the rustle of leaves as they blow in the wind and then slowly it turns into winter...which I don't honestly mind all that much. I do need to get a new pair of boots but I guess I can manage that easily enough. I like the changing of seasons, it makes me really appreciate my floor to ceiling windows a lot more. When it snows, it sort of looks like I live in a snow globe because of the way the snow sort of blows up like someone is shaking up a snow globe.


This kind of weather makes me sort of want to hibernate a little...not staying in bed all day but staying inside. Since I had to work today I was up at 7, did my opening gig and was back home by 8. Didn't have to be back in the office until 11 so I had 3 hours to myself. I was very productive. Got stuff ready for the craft sale which is next weekend and I feel ready for it now. Plus I got my November birthday cards done, presents wrapped and even took a long bath. It was a very productive morning. Now I just have to finish up my homework for this week and I am ready for this week.


I had a conversation twice this weekend, wait maybe it was actually 3 times this weekend about the joys of spooning. I am not sure how it came up each time but it seems to be a random conversation that lead to it. My one friend refers to spooning as the big spoon or the little spoon. Makes me laugh even more. Who doesn't want to spoon a day like to day...spoon, sleep, relax...ahhh a day to do absolutely nothing...I wonder what that is like.

I am hungry today...don't know if it's the weather or the fact that I drank way more than I ate this weekend. I feel like I could sit a buffet and graze all day. Then I started thinking....what we feed....we feed not only our bodies but our souls. Am I physically hungry or is my soul starving? How do you begin to know the difference?

No comments: