Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Who are you?

Maybe the better question is "Who are you today?"

After fixing the presentation, breaking a nail, ordering lunch, setting meetings, getting documents collated, preparing food for 2 hours for Feed My Starving Children and fixing loose ends...who do you end up being at the end of all of this?

Who do you want to be?

Does a job really define you? Should a job define you?

I used to think you were successful if you carried a breifcase to work. I remember how excited I was when I started working in Corporate America. I thought - wow - I made it. How awesome I thought I was. Be careful what you wish for. I promptly got myself a breifcase and the only thing I ever had to carry in it was my lunch. Sigh.

What if your heart is not in it....is it enough for your head to be?

1 comment:

Schnoodler said...

I think we wait for the stars to align in just the right way for us. Never happens. In the end all we can really control is our next step and next breath. If that.