Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy endings are still endings

That is a quote from my friend Troy. I get that endings are endings but I want happily ever after - not just an ending...I want the outcome. Does that exist?

Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year because for one day, or a weekend depending on how you work it out, you can be anything you wish. For some people they get out of their comfort zone and for others, they live out their fantasy. Me...I just want to look good and have fun. I really wanted to be Tinkerbell this year but I thought about it much too late to really look for a costume that wasn't completely whorish. Is that a word? Anyway, I have too much of me to squeeze into a little costume. I'm taking more of the safer route....is that true though? I am going to wear my outfit from the gun show...which for me is out there...it's ....well it's out there. I want to be out there, living on the edge but I am always censoring myself...stopping myself. I wonder what childhood event I can blame that on? My parents are always a good choice but I don't know that they can really take the heat for my insecurities on this one.

Today I am wearing my blonde wig just for fun. Not too out there but enough that it makes me a little invisible for the day. Isn't that funny, today I kind of want to be invisible. I'm sure some therapist would have a field day with that comment. Anyway, it's been fun to see people's reactions to me. They walk by my desk and giggle or stop and do a double take, I made my boss laugh really hard at 7:15 in the morning by him just looking at me. It's a gift really. It's really odd that people don't seem to recognize me until I talk to them. Some of the people who I know that are normally chatty and social with me have walked right by me until I say something then they are shocked....saying I didn't even recognize it was you. What's even funnier is unless you really know me....you might just think I am some nutty old woman trying to pass off a bad wig as my own hair. Oddly enough, the people at work don't seem to expect something like this from me...I guess not here at work any way. Wow, is my corporate Dawn image really working? Now I'm scared.

Hmm, I wonder if I had a crystal ball and I could see into my future if I would like what I see. If I did see it could I change it? I think it might be fun to do a card reading tonight...on this night that the spirits are roaming free. If I could choose a happy ending would I?

Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

TT. said...

Ah, but here's the message of "Happy endings are still endings." Here's the thing you need to learn in order to be happy.

Since even happy endings are endings, you have to find your happiness in the journey itself. You can't wait til the end and hope for a Hallmark moment. You need to find ways to enjoy the road and let the end be whatever it's going to be.

Schnoodler said...

Don't worry about finding your path (happy ending), just put the foot down where you think it best goes and you'll make your own path. Plus you'll enjoy the journey.