Saturday, October 11, 2008

Connections

In this day and age it's important to stay connected. There are lots of ways to do this but one has to find the way that works best for them. Me personally I like reading and writing - I'm totally digging Facebook...I'm sort of addicted to it actually! I love that I can stay totally connected with many people by looking at just one site. My goal is to have 100 friends by Christmas....I have 84 now! My goal is sooo close! What I really like about it is that I can stay connected to my friends and some of my family in little nuggets. People can post pictures and send you little notes that really help me feel connected to them. These are the things that I think people....well maybe it's just me....crave. Connections on all levels are what make things bearable.

There never seems to be enough time to do the things in a given day- work seems to get in the way. :) I think about all the things I could do if I didn't have to work....I really need to win the lottery.

The market has been nuts and thus creating a lot of chaos - these are some interesting times. I saw on the news yesterday they are labeling this time Black October 2008. I wonder if we are better able to deal with things if we label them. I know when I went with some friends for a girls weekend we labeled it.....we had a blast but had we not labeled it would it have been as fun? If we label things does it change them? I guess it comes down to the power of thought. You can think of it positively and it becomes a good thing....or negatively and it's a bad thing...Black October is definitely not a positive thought.

Life is like those paper chains I made as a kid, each one links to the other with a little paste and once you keep linking them you have enough to do something with them. You just have to create the links.

No comments: