Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Recycled

Ever wake up feeling recycled.....like everything old is new again? Sometimes I wake up and I feel like I never even slept...that I never rested. Today is one of those days. I think because I woke up at 5:15 to Smoker Joe hacking up his lungs on his deck (as he does EVERY morning) after not sleeping well because the rain forced me to close my windows which in turn made my room hot then the wind began to howl whisteling through my window that I apparently didn't close enough. Then the alarm goes off. Ugh..it's morning. So yeah, I feel recycled, raw, crumpled and old. Not in a cool hey hip huggers are SOOOO back in kind of way.

On a bright note, it is the last class with this dreadful teacher....so there is the positive and it is customer service week so we get to wear jeans all week. Woo hoo - there....two positives. :)

As I was flossing my teeth this morning the dental floss kept sort of shredding on one tooth. I couldn't figure out what the problem was, I couldn't see a chip or anything in the tooth, which wouldn't have surprised me, but it turns out the floss was getting shredded on the little metal thing as I pulled it out. I immediately had this thought.....can they recycle dental floss? I mean what is it made of - string, floss....something that I imagine they can recycle....right? Then I started thinking about all the things that could be made from recycled things and for some reason the line from this movie I saw as a kid popped into my head "solient green is people!" It was this movie my dad made us watch and I don't remember the whole movie, just this one line where people realized the food they were eating was recycled people. I mean in effect we kinda recycle people now with organ transplants and such. Weird....I guess George Orwell (book reference - 1984) was sooooo ahead of his time. I wouldn't even mind a talking animal.....or living on a farm. Wait...am I confusing that with Charlotte's Web...no wait, probably with Animal Farm.....in anycase, George Orwell was ahead of his time.

I think because I had a busy weekend and less sleep than I average I'm off my game today. People talk to me but it's like nothing is sinking IN. At least it's not a Monday I guess. Perhaps I'll avoid work today and just Facebook all day! Ha! I found some more friends on Facebook and my goal of having 100 friends by Christmas might just happen. I have 82 friends and invites out to a few people....come on 100! Isn't it funny the things we set as goals for ourselves. We make setting goals conditions on our own happiness. If I lose 50 lbs I'll find someone to love me and then I'll be happy, if I grow my hair long I'll feel pretty, if I had a coach purses my life would be perfect....ahh...the good old what ifs.

What if we choose to be happy, loved and pretty right now...right as we are. Then what?

No comments: