Monday, October 27, 2008

If you wait for it - it will come

Today this is what the Universe shared with me:

If you sit and get really quiet, fully expecting your answer, it has to come.
Guaranteed,

The Universe

I know I've talked about this before....seeking the answers...but what if you don't know what the question is? How do you find the question? Is there a test book I can study? Why is it so hard?

Lately my sleep cycle has been interrupted again, partially its because the weather had been nice enough that I enjoyed sleeping with my window open a bit and Smoker Joe is out hacking up his lungs earlier and earlier each day. Partially it's because I have been really off my sleep cycle...staying up too late, getting up too early and probably more importantly it's the phase I'm in right now where I am consuming mass quantities of alcohol and thus adding to my not clearly thinking times which in turn effects my sleep. Seems like drinking is what I want to do these days....possibly to push away the day to day drama/thoughts that interrupt my life. Moderately sedated....although after several days of that my body is not liking Monday morning all that much. :)

It's funny the things that make people get all bent out of shape. I used to be what I call Chicken Little...every event, every drama, everything that was so outside of my normal (what is normal?) day to day existence was cause for panic. I remember on a trip to Chicago with a friend I got a flat tire and I was convinced that I had to sell my car....Chicken Little. But with time, age and years of therapy one learns how to deal....and sometimes I feel really old but it's not really a bad thing I guess. I had a conversation with someone over the weekend and a comment was made that some people can't handle being around people like me who have the type of "life energy"that I have. At first I was confused by that....then I was sort of bothered by that....why do I have to adjust who I am and how I am to be accepted? I hate that I give anyone else the power to make me feel anything. Today I have to play host to an outside group we will be hosting so I have my "corporate face on" and people look at me differently and I feel them judging me with their looks and I just want to ask them....what are you staring at me for? Why does anyone care how I act or look? Does it really effect them in anyway? I wish I didn't care.

How quiet does your soul have to be to hear the answers?

No comments: