Friday, October 24, 2008

GPS for your life

Wouldn't it be great if we could just plug something in to guide us through life? A GPS for life. I'd like to wake up in the morning, dock myself and let a magical little voice, preferably with an adorable accent, guide me on my journey.

That is a bad decision, don't go down that path. Don't wear that outfit, it makes your ass look big. A third martini is a mistake, turn back now.

Jesh...why do the simple things have to be so hard? I realize they don't HAVE to be but they are. I don't understand how things change so much from one day to the next...how one day you wake up and feel like you are trudging through mother loving cement! It's exhausting to be awake some days. Add to that mix unstable corporate crap, family events (issues), personal life (or lack there of) stir well and you have a permanent Monday. Wow...things seem to go from being OK to crap pretty easily if you don't keep your foot on the brake.

Work is pretty uneventful now that the big drama of the webinar is over and now we are on to mundane everyday type work. It's not bad, it's just not challenging or exciting. I have almost burned through all my vacation time and am wondering how in the world I am going to make it 2 1/2 more months working every single day. There has to be a better option.

School is ok, challenging but ok. It's good to have a good, dedicated group to work with, one that pulls their weight and doesn't wait until the last minute - that helps. I realized it's difficult to go to school year round with no break, no real downtime from school to sort of rest and get recharged. On the other hand I'm done in June. I just can't wait to be done.

Personally I am feeling a little bored and disconnected with things. I realize it's probably just a bad day because Lord knows I sure didn't want to get up today much less get dressed but there are things to be done and places to go. Isn't it sad we have to take a day off to get anything done? Where does the week go and why isn't there anyone to help me get things checked off my list? Why are things so hard when you're alone?

I read this great quote that seems to really sum it up:

"there’s a difference between loneliness and being lonely, and a difference
between loving and being loved"

I accept the fact that we can't find satisfaction or validation through someone else but what if that someone else is the reason we get up, gives us purpose, gives us what we need to fight the battle or face the day? Without that we are a shell, empty and not really sure of our place. Why don't we look within to get what we need and use another to supplement? What direction can that other person provide for us if we don't first know our own path? Isn't it enough to love without expecting or needing anything in return?

Would a GPS for our own life be able to direct two as well as one?

Danger Will Robinson.....danger.

No comments: