Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sedated

I approve of being moderately sedated, you know, that feeling that you get when you are on the edge of stepping over into stupid drunkeness....but your inhibitions are no longer restricted, your guard is down and you are open to pretty much anything....that's the level I'd like to live at, well maybe just on the weekends.

Yesterday I was feeling out of sorts, I woke up feeling completely exhausted and wiped out, I felt like I hadn't slept in days. I took a nap after a swiq of nyquill, it gives me that sedated feeling I love and allows me to drift off to sleep. I thought as I drifted off to sleep how nice it would be if you could live life in that state...all the time just sort of happy, calm and floaty. I realize I probably could live in that state with some type of drug assistance but I want it naturally. After I awoke from my slumber, feeling all normal again, I watched a little mindless tv. I caught this show on The Learning Channel called 17 kids and counting. This family has 17 kids and another on the way. The woman, I don't recall her name, and her husband, Jim Bob....that name I do recall...have been married for 20 years and she has 17, no wait, she is preggers with #18 now, kids. JESUS GOD. What do they do to support those children? Why are we as a society rewarding this kind of crazyness? They have to drive their family around in a freaking bus....that costs like $500 to fill it up....the mom clearly doesn't work....they have some rental property but other than that I don't think he works...what the hell? They are so weird too....like errie creepy weird. All the kids names begin with the letter J too...mostly boys, good lord I say. I know people with 3 kids who freak out when they have to handle them alone - how the hell would one manage 17 of them. They are super close in age...like barely 9 months apart. What a odd odd world we live in when watching people pop kids out like tic tacs becomes entertainment.

Sedated....not a bad way to live.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hello hello hello! :)

It's Nikki, coming at ya in blog land.

You've inspired me to start blogging on here again (I have a private blog too, but there's only like, 6 people who read that). LoL.

SO, I added you to my list of "reads."

:)