Thursday, October 16, 2008

Unexpressed thoughts?

Yesterday I heard this statement:
It's okay to have an unexpressed thought
It was a comment made about Jessie Ventura, which fits perfectly, but there is a nugget of truth in that statement and fine advice for some of us. Yes I am including myself in this mix. Sometimes I find it really hard to hold my thoughts inside and sometimes it gets me in trouble. Maybe it's not so much the thought as possibly the tone or facial/body language that accompanies it? Maybe. Yet there are times I don't say what I really want to...I hold back. Is it out of fear of rejection? Maybe. What an interesting point to note. I don't have worries about saying what I am thinking or feeling if there is no risk to me, but if there is the chance I may be rejected or hurt I hold back, I keep it to myself.

Some people are so honest when they talk to you....maybe honest isn't the right word, so open and forthright. They say things that I am not expecting to hear right out loud. Part of me is shocked and yet part of me wants to be more like that. To ask for what I want, to get what I want and to enjoy things without feeling guilty or like it's wrong....how can something so wrong feel so right?

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and he just blurted out some things that were along the lines of thoughts I have personally had but never dared to say out loud and yet there it was out loud and in public. I didn't really know how to process that information. It is okay to have unexpressed thoughts.

It's a full moon right now and I don't know what it is about a full moon that changes people's personalities. Obviously there is no water on the moon so how does something that has virtually no water effect us who are mostly water? The moons placement is the most important factor in shaping our innermost emotional needs/desires. It also indicates how we react and deal emotionally to stress and tension in our life, the fight or flight syndrome. The moon is symbolic of the Mother figure and the type of relationship we have with her - from a karmic point of point really. Some astrologers believe the moon or the way people react during a phase of the moon is an indication of the type of past lives we lived and thus leading to the lessons you have learned or not learned.

What if we haven't learned them? Are we destined to keep making the same mistakes over and over no matter what life we are in? Does the full moon make people say things out loud they normally don't say?

I thought only martini's did that.

No comments: