Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Every problem is a gift in disguise

Who believes this raise your hand....that's what I thought. Problems are gifts? How do we see that in the moment? How do we, in the midst of figuring out what to do see that moment as a gift? For me personally, I think of gifts as unexpected surprises, things you want, need, desire, HAVE TO HAVE. Is a problem really something that fits in that category? Isn't a gift something you kinda sorta want? Are problems really gifts and if so, can I refuse? Will it hurt someone's feelings or anger the Universe?

I've been talking a lot lately about "in the moment" kind of moments and a really fun thought occurred to me. Remember the old movies - like Sunday in the Park (probably not the right name but you get the idea - it was a Doris Day movie) and she was just walking through this park I think pondering a problem or discussing a "issue" and BAM - out of no where she breaks into song and dance and EVERYONE involved not only knew the song but they knew the dance steps...heck even the horses (there was a horse and buggy I believe) knew what was going on. Why can't life be a musical number? What song would I choose?

Wouldn't that break the stress or tension during a tough meeting or an relive an awkward moment like just before you kiss someone for the first time. Like the scene from The Little Mermaid...you got to kiss the girl (boy) la la la la la. Ha. That's a really fun thought.....I want my own musical number to break out in the middle of my day. Could it be like a radio station though if you didn't like the song you could change it....if you could change it, would that change the outcome of the moment?

Today's message from the Universe is also very fitting -

You know, the moment I begin to play, grow, and become more than I was, within the jungles of time and space?

I feel alone, disconnected, like I'm missing
something. Even though I'm none of those things.

And neither are you.

Rock on, loveable -
The Universe


How does the Universe know what to say to a person? How does it know what message to send? I guess it's the Universe so it doesn't have to tell me the answer but it's kind of like a fortune cookie....they also seem to be able to address issues. Are we as a society so predictable in our "issues" that fortune cookies and the Universe are able to give a generic statement that applies to most? Are we so easily pacified with such a generic response?

No comments: