Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What is truth?

Truth - something you make other people, or yourself, believe. The truth is something we often hide from others and ourself. I think our forefathers had something...we hold these truths to be self evident....or something like that. If we say something enough times it becomes our own truth. The methodology of the truth then becomes repetition. I am pretty, I am stupid, I am fearless. If we say it enough it becomes true, it becomes who we are and what we are. I was told once that we create pictures, snapshots in our head of the person or life we want and there is a big disconnect between what those pictures show us in our head and what our reality is. You have to learn to change the snapshots in your head to match reality outside your head.

That's so much easier said than done.

How do you change one's own truth? How do you learn to face the reality of what IS vs the reality of what you want or need it to be. I have been traveling down life's path towards an end result but the closer I get to the "end of this path" I am beginning to question if this is the right path. I know, all the books tell you that's normal, that's part of the process. That if we don't continue questioning ourselves on who or what we are we don't grow. Isn't there a time to accept and be content with who and what we are, with the life we have made for ourselves. Why do we always seem to want more....to want what we don't have.

Does the picture in my head match the reality? Do we ever stop questioning ourselves or do we even want to?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

No comments: