Friday, October 10, 2008

Things I know for sure

I love Oprah. She is a God. I got her new magazine and I haven't had time to read it yet but one headline on her cover was WHAT DO YOU KNOW FOR SURE.

It made me start to think. What do I know for sure? I mean so much of life is the unknown. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring or even if tomorrow will happen so I of course made a list. Here is what I know for sure right now:
  • I know I'll never go back to being a blonde
  • I won't ever have my own child
  • I will never be old
  • I want to be loved
  • I want to travel
  • I need to be needed
  • I love to laugh
  • I'll never be a size small
  • I enjoy my friends
  • I always want what I can't have
  • I hate having to go to school
  • I like being in charge
  • I hate smokers
  • I like the idea of a walk around the lake but not a power walk
  • I want to spend more time alone and like it
  • I want to cook
  • I want to want to cook
  • I enjoy singing (even though I suck at it)
  • I don't think I'll own a pet
  • I love having someone else cook for me

Okay, so I had a bit of time to browse the Oprah mag and she says, and I quote "we are the causes of our own effects". I believe this but I'm just not sure I know the true meaning of it.

We are the causes of our own effects....that's pretty powerful and really that puts the ball completely in our own court doesn't it. We get to choose the outcome really so I wonder why don't we make better choices for our own outcomes? Are we really our own worst enemies?

1 comment:

Schnoodler said...

You create your own universe.